Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Post Wedding


After our wedding we headed up to the Anniversary Inn at the old Jail House in Salt Lake for our Honeymoon weekend. :) It was a lot of fun. We stayed in the room called the "Rose Garden." Bryan had a single red rose on the bed for me when we got there.





We didn't get a picture of the bathroom area, but the bath tub was huge with jets in it and stuff. Instead of a shower head it had a funny fountain thing. It was hilarious. Fun though. :)

One of the days we went to lunch at the Olive Garden with a gift certificate from mom and dad. It was fun. We were both still so tired from all the hullabaloo of the wedding day...look at us...lol.


We paid $5.08 for a dinner at Olive Garden. That's pretty sweet. Thanks mom and dad. :)

I took up my mini crock pot (called the "little dipper." How awesome.) and we took up some chocolate and cream and strawberries and things so we could make fondue. Well, I put the first round of chocolate and cream in the crock pot and turned it on. We turned on a movie and Bryan decided he didn't want any fondue yet, so I just figured we'd eat it later. It was on low, right?

Ha ha ha... funny thing... um, apparently crock pots that only have one setting and are called little dippers still burn the chocolate that's in them if you leave them on too long. But I figured putting melty chocolate that solidifies when cooled down a bathroom sink wouldn't be a good idea.... so I improvised. I dumped it in an empty cheesecake container...lol. Enjoy the pictures that resulted from my blonde moment.



Yeah, it was hilarious.

After we got back from our honeymoon we were welcomed into our apartment by a LANDSLIDE of presents in our office! It was crazy! Our families came over and helped us open presents. Bryan and I sat on the couch while our families sat around us. Melanie and Jeffrey brought presents in from the other room to our laps at full speed. At full speed, I would open a present and Bryan would open a card out of the card basket. As fast as we opened them, mom wrote stuff down and Bryan's dad and my dad cleared out the garbage and wrappings and whatnot. It took us hours to open everything. We were very very blessed. People were so generous to us. I feel bad that we haven't finished our thank-you cards yet... we're getting there.... Anyway, here are the pictures of what we came home to!




Well, that's all for now folks! :) I'm heading back to the world of school and work and whatnot! Expect more updates soon!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! If it makes you feel any better...we've been married for over a year now and STILL haven't finished our thank-you notes. We're uber lame like that. CUTE pictures!

    ReplyDelete