Friday, July 15, 2011

A watched pot never boils

I'm sitting at work staring at the clock. Pretty sure it's going at about half time. I'm so excited for tonight I can't hardly stand it.

It's like when you're 7 and wake up at 3 am on Christmas morning...you can't go upstairs til mom and dad are up, and there's no way you can wake them up until 7...or at least 6.

You figure that the next few hours will go fast enough, so you don't attempt to go back to sleep. It's a lost cause anyway. So you play games. Battleship at 3 am is much more acceptable than Kerplunk or Boobytrap or any other games that result in large crashing noises that inevitably make their way up through the vents and the ceiling into mom and dad's ears right above you.

But Battleship gets old.

So you sneak upstairs once or twice... you figure that kills like a half hour each time, right? Well, at least 2 minutes.

So here I sit at work, wet-my-pants excited to go see the final installment of Harry Potter tonight, staring at my clock. Once in a while I'll take a quick break to do something like text mom... text Bryan... write a quick blog post... and kill some time, right? Or at least 2 minutes....

1 comment:

  1. That's exactly what I do! I sit there and text my mom and Marc over and over, and hope that one of them isn't too busy to text back! But I don't have anything exciting like Harry Potter that's slowing time down, I just have nothing to do.

    ReplyDelete