Saturday, November 12, 2011

Winco

I. Love. Winco.

I arrived at 9:55 this morning to grocery shop as well as shop to restock our food storage.

I left at 11:55 with a full cart and sore muscles from pushing around such a heavy cart...and lifting the 50 pound bag of wheat in and out and all around... that'd do it too.

I spent just over $150 for a cart full to the brim of food.



I was pleased.

Highlights of my shopping trip:

1. I saved more than $30 using coupons from coupons.com. I don't get newspapers, just use those to get things I need and it's great.

2. I got a free 14 pound turkey for spending over $100. I'm very excited to try my hand at brining and roasting it.

3. This all included a 15 pound bag of wheat which I am very excited to grind and sprout and all of those things. I'm going to make mom's wheat bread, which is the best. Yum.

3. We have enough food storage for probably the next 6 months except maybe white flour and sugar and stuff. We'll get that at Costco or something if we run out I suppose.

4. It gave me a reason to totally organize our "pantry" all day long...lol. I felt productive (even though I should have been being productive writing papers I need to have finished this week.)

5. It made me an even bigger fan of Winco.

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed with your food storage... way to follow a prophets counsel with exactness!! I am thinking that it would be a good idea to start one or I could just plan on mooching off my parents when the world ends ;) I also LOVE Winco their giant bins of food make me happy :) You guys look so happy, I enjoy reading your blog every so often- I promise I am not a creeper :) -Miss Hannah

    ReplyDelete