Thursday, January 12, 2012

Lemon Basil Chicken

This is probably one of Bryan's favorite things to eat. Ever.

It's his mom's recipe.

Before we got married he said, "I guess if we're getting married you should learn to make this."

So, Lisa gave me her recipe. Mine's not as good as hers (mom's is always better) but Bryan said it'll do. :)

Lemon Basil Chicken

3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs

Sauce: (I doubled what is listed here for twice the sauce to serve over rice)
1 cup Miracle Whip
2 Tbs. Lemon Juice
2 Tbs. Honey
1 tsp. Dried Basil

Season the thawed chicken with salt and pepper. Put in 9x13 pan. (It seems to work best if the chicken pieces aren't touching each other.

Mix together the remaining ingredients for sauce. (I doubled the sauce.) Pour the sauce over the chicken and in the pan.

Bake at 375 F for 1-1.25 hours. (I baked it loosely covered with foil for the first 45 minutes, uncovered for the rest of the time.)

Cook rice toward the end of the baking. I use Jasmine rice.

Serve the chicken and sauce over rice.



Lucky for me, Bryan's favorite recipe isn't terribly difficult. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment