Monday, January 23, 2012

Slow Cooker Revolution

You may not be surprised that this is probably my favorite cook book.


I love it. When we got married we registered on Amazon.com (in addition to Target) and this was one of the things I really wanted that I registered for. When it arrived on my porch one day I was thrilled!

I've tried some of the recipes in there, but usually I just look through the other recipes and salivate and wish I could eat it right then. But, I learn a lot of things from this book about the roles different components play in a recipe, etc. It's awesome.

So,

that brings me to my goal. I made this goal last night.

This year, 2012, I'm going to cook 30 of the recipes in this book.

That is not a big deal. It boils down to just over one new recipe every 2 weeks.

I started going through the recipes last night marking the ones I want to cook. :)

I'm so excited.

I'll post each recipe and my results on here as I go! Get excited!

(Examples of some of the recipes: Butternut Squash Chowder, French Onion Soup, Portuguese-style Potato and Kale Soup, "Roasted" chicken in a crock pot, steel cut oatmeal, Thai-style chicken stew, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment