Monday, July 30, 2012

The Olympics

There's something pretty amazing about the Olympics...



...there are very few things that get me onto my feet cheering my head off, get me holding my breath for long stretches of time, and get me a little choked up at the same time.

There's something pretty amazing about the whole world coming together to compete and celebrate and all of that.

And it's spectacular to be able to watch the best athletes in the world.

I'm a total sports fan and this is the best it gets. :)

Our TV's on all day... don't worry, I'm productive... but hey, now that my employment for the summer is winding down, and I'm pretty much home all day...

...I can clean while I watch the American Women's volleyball team beat Brazil...



...I can exercise while I watch May and Walsh remain undefeated in their Olympic beach volleyball reign...



...I can peel peaches for my freezer storage while I watch Missy Franklin and Michael Phelps swim at nearly world record pace...




...And I can totally enjoy the fact that I have the wonderful Olympics to keep me entertained during the otherwise abysmal 100 degree weather, with which, I do not get along well.

Good times. :)

And PS, I totally cheered when the Opening Ceremonies featured Voldemort. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment