Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Random Musings

  • I looked up "musing" to make sure I was using this word right in my title.
  • While we're on word use, I really shouldn't say "random"... arbitrary maybe?
  • Life around here has been SO crazy... Bryan was in Boston this weekend for a conference, I'm getting ready to go to Chicago for a conference next week, and everything with school and work is coming to a head all at once.
  • Bryan said if it's coming to a head I should pop it. (BAHAHAHA)


  • So, this is sort of how I feel lol. Do I have time for a nap? No. Do I have energy to get stuff done if I don't take a nap. Nope. Lol. Oh the paradoxes of life.

  • Have you ever been holding something in your hand, and suddenly it takes on a life of its own and moves your hand quickly towards something and it scares the crap out of you? Well, I had a flashlight in my hand. I was going to go put it away. I went to pick something else up off the microwave to put away with it and suddenly my hand jerked towards the microwave at a high speed! I didn't realize this flashlight was magnetic, you see. :)

  • It's been a really long time since I've picked up a poetry book. You see, I appreciate good poetry, but very rarely does poetry affect me like other types of literature. Well, I thought I'd try it out again... you know, in the name of remaining a well-rounded individual despite being immersed in mathematics and education nearly all the time... so I checked out a Mary Oliver book. I'll let you know how it goes.

  • Bryan says I have developed ADD or something, thanks to grad school. This blog post couldn't possibly be any evidence of that.

  • We're doing it. We're putting up Christmas decorations soon. :) Get over it. ;) I'm not one of those people who rushes Christmas and skips over Thanksgiving. Quite the contrary, actually. I LOVE the holiday season, and to me it's all part of something bigger. November and Thanksgiving remind us to be grateful for all that we have been blessed with, and December and Christmas remind us to celebrate The Source of all those blessings by celebrating His birth
  • One day I think I'll own this Nativity. I love Nativities, but sometimes there are so many things going on that they lose focus... which is why I love this one so much. Unfortunately I cannot justify a $200 Nativity just yet. ;)

  • I was walking home from school the other night after my pilates class. I had my water bottle in my hand and was drinking it as I walked. It was probably a 1.5 mile walk (or so), and the thought crossed my mind, "wow, you know Winter's here when your water gets colder and more refreshing on your walk home instead of warmer and more emetic-like." 

  • Aaaand, since it would be awkward to end this post talking about emetics, let's go for this instead:






No comments:

Post a Comment