Thursday, July 31, 2014

2 years ago



2 years ago today my grandma Jones died.

It was really sudden and unexpected.

She had a beautiful funeral and I was happy knowing she wasn't in pain any more.





Of all the things that have happened since she died, the thing that's made me miss her most is being pregnant.

She would have been so excited to be a great grandma. Dang now I'm crying.

But, every once in a while something happens that reminds me that she's still around... she's still part of our lives.

On Monday I was at the lab at the hospital doing my blood glucose test. I had drunk the drink and was sitting at the back working on my computer to wait the hour before the blood draw.

This old lady walked in, and I looked up and thought, "that looks like Aunt Annie".

Aunt Annie is my grandma's twin sister.

Well, it was her.

I went over and gave her a hug and talked to her for a few minutes.

Before she left she came over to where I was sitting and looked down at me and "scolded" me just like grandma would have and said "You tell your mom to let me know the second that baby's born!"

:) I think grandma's still around, and is definitely interested in this little guy we're having this fall.

Love you grandma!




1 comment: