Friday, December 12, 2014

Random thoughts this fine day

- How is it the middle of December already? I don't even have my Christmas decorations up. That'll be on the list for tonight.

- The other day Bryan and I had a conversation about how sad it is that Lincoln is not of the Harry Potter Generation. Waiting for the next book to come out, not knowing for sure if Snape was good or bad, and holding your breath for pages at a time were all defining characteristics of my childhood and teenage years.

- I think we'll be like our dads were for us with regards to Star Wars-- show our kids the Harry Potter movies on Friday nights, bring out the books and say "I know you really like [insert newfangled series here], but now we're going to read one of my favorites from when I was little", and be altogether nerdy until they realize they love it too.


- Can you believe that Lincoln will be a third generation Star Wars fan?

- I'm thinking I really like the idea of, for Christmas presents for kids, get them something they want, something to read, something to wear, and something to eat. So, for the last one for Lincoln I will be wrapping up a box of formula. Ha ha. Bryan laughed when I told him that.

- Poor little buddy got his 2 month shots today. There were lots of vaccinations-- 6 I think? He yelled at the nurse when she poked him but as soon as the bandaids were on he was fine. A few hours later he's a bit grumpy and everything but he'll be fine. I let him work out his legs a bunch right after which makes it way better.

- I got our Christmas cards ordered finally. Perhaps it was the 60 degree weather (!?!) that lulled me into a false sense of security, letting me believe I had all the time in the world to get them done lol.

- Bryan is starting to hear back from grad schools about interviews. Can I just brag for a second and say that in two days he got two phone calls, one from WashU in St Louis and one from Princeton. They both really want him to come interview! He got an interview at Princeton?! That's awesome. :) It'll be a while before we know where all he'll be interviewing, longer before we know where he's accepted, and even longer (like the end of March?) before we have any idea where we're going to decide to go... but it's kind of exciting! Crazy, but exciting!

- Have an awesome weekend everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment