Sunday, December 20, 2009

Math 341- Theory of Analysis- Dr. Gary Reid Lawlor

Math 341- Theory of Analysis- Dr. Gary Reid  Lawlor.

I was enrolled in this class for the Fall 2009 semester.

My oh-so-lofty goal for this class when I began was to get a C so I wouldn't have to take it again.

This is the caliber of class I would have been thrilled if I was good enough to get a C in.

Little did I know, Brother Lawlor is without a doubt, the most incredible teacher I've ever had, and one of the most amazing people I've ever had the opportunity to associate with.

He believed in me, and helped  me to do my best... and he helped me realize that my best, just might be a bit better than a C.

Tonight I looked online to see if any of my grades had been posted.

This is what I saw:


I believe my exact words were, "No freaking way." And then I started crying.

Yes, I cried. I guess unless you were in my shoes in this class all semester, you wouldn't exactly realize how big of an accomplishment this is for me...

...how hard I worked for it...

...how much I was blessed...

...and how grateful I am for the countless hours of help Dr. Lawlor gave me.

I got an A in Analysis.

Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment