Thursday, June 9, 2011

Kitchen Concoctions

I would like to think I'm a pretty good cook... adventurous at least... and I grew up watching cooking shows on Saturday morning, so, you know...

 Here are a few things I snapped pictures of recently. Sorry the lighting isn't very good in most of them. By the time we get home from school and I make dinner we usually don't eat until about 8:00 (we have evening classes this term) so by that time there's no natural light. Just the oven light...lol.

This first one's a scrambled egg fried potato veggie bacon concoction. Not even sure what I put it in. It was good though. We ate it.




We really love fish. We got a bag of frozen salmon at WINCO. I love WINCO, but sorry, your salmon's not the same as when Paul brings it fresh from Alaska... but it'll do in a pinch I suppose!



I don't remember exactly what this was... I think we ate it with the salmon. Anyway, it was some sort of tomato basil pasta. I made it with whole wheat linguine and fresh basil that's sort of growing in my window sill. :) It was fun.





I'm not really posting these next ones to show that I can actually succeed in making cake-box cookies, but to show you one of my FAVORITE kitchen things. We have very little counter space, so these stacked cooling racks are the best things ever. You just use as many as you  need and keep stacking.


I got them from all angles so you can get the full effect. Ha ha ha. 


If you look carefully you can see my lovely basil in the window sill.



Now, for the next masterpiece... mi hermano David liked them so much he wants some for his birthday...lol. Funny boy. Anyway, I thought they looked pretty so I experimented and took a few pictures of them. It's No Knead Wheat French Bread cooked on my pizza stone. Awesome possum.




Lest you think I'm the world's greatest cook, which I know you're so tempted to think after this post, (ha ha ha), tonight I tried to make oatmeal cookie bars, and it turned into a molten hot lava pit in the pan in my oven and it overflowed and burned all over the sides of the pan and the bottom of the oven. I don't think the recipe was posted on the internet right from where I got it. Needless to say, I'll probably just get Lisa's recipe and stick with that. They're the best... and they don't explode in my oven. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment