Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Book Addiction

So we all know that Lindsay has this crazy obsession with books. I love them. I crave them. I can't put them down. Seriously. I have to force myself not to read for pleasure during the school year or I wouldn't get homework done. Ever. I can't count how many times in my life I stayed up until 1 or 2 or 3 in the morning because I just had to finish a book. I read all of Harry Potter 7 in less than a 24 hour span.

My point is, I'm having a very hard time focusing on finishing school right now because my bookshelf is calling me. I am carrying Summer of the Monkeys with me as we speak... mostly because it's one of the best books ever (I've read it so many times the pages are like cloth now...) but also because it's sort of kind of almost tiding me over until school is out and I can READ AGAIN! :)

I read an article on KSL today about why we shouldn't give up real books entirely for E-books... it was great. Amen to that. There was a quote in it that I loved and subscribe to and all of the above:

"I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves."

AMEN

2 comments:

  1. I love that quote! Visiting your blog from rock star. Congratscon your recent wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE my Kindle. I was hesitant at first about an e-reader, but I am 100% sold now! I have been a reading fiend lately and it definitely wouldn't be possible up here without my Kindle! I just finished In Cold Blood by Truman Capote, The Help (WAY good, I recommend it, and the movie version is about to come out) and Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (it was so-so). There are some books, however, which I think will always be best enjoyed not on an e-reader. Harry Potter is definitely one of them! Oh, but I should mention that, so far, JK Rowling refuses to release the books in digital format. Anywho, I am rambling. Gotta go catch up with the rest of your posts that I have missed. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete