Monday, January 21, 2013

On my day off...

Did you know that there's no such thing as a day off?

Ha ha ha.

When I have "days off" like today, my house actually gets clean, the laundry gets done, and I make food for us to eat this week.

It's 1:30 and I have been pretty productive today...have a crockpot of this cooking, have stuff started to make this a little later for my lunches this week, the dishes are all washed, and I'm on my third batch of laundry.


*whew*


Want to know why I'm being so productive?

Because I have two papers to write. One of them has to be done today.

*bangs head on table*

Just fyi, math ed grad school = hundreds of pages of reading (of scholarly articles) per week and many many many pages of writing. Not as much "math" as you might think.

And so to justify the fact that I haven't started this paper that's hanging over my head, I've had an incredibly productive last 3 hours.

Unfortunately I'm running out of projects that I can justify taking the place of my paper.
.
.
.
So I'm going to start it. My motivation?

I just discovered you can watch episodes of Downton Abbey Season 3 on PBS's website.

*grins*

So that's my motivation. If I finish this paper I get to watch the first episode (and therefore don't have to wait til it's in the library or redbox in a year since I never have time to watch it on tv).

Ready, go.



No comments:

Post a Comment