Monday, June 17, 2013

Loving Lately

I'm in the middle of my Master's Exam... basically a test made of 8 essays and/or long math problems. I have 10 days to complete it. It usually takes about an A- or B+ average on the essays to pass.

If I don't pass? Well, let's just say that I really don't have the option of not passing if I want to get my masters. :)

Translation: I'm a crazy person and pretty stressed and have no time (since I'm still working and tutoring every day) and a week from tonight will be WONDERFUL (that's when it's due).

***

So, here are some things I'm LOVING lately.


  • Amazon Prime: Bryan's free student trial accidentally expired so we've now unintentionally bought a year of amazon prime. I really do enjoy it. Free 2-day shipping and instant videos to watch while I clean/dodishes/takemindbreakssoIdon'tgocrazy? It's great.

  • This cookbook. People, it's the BEST COOKBOOK OF MY LIFE. I love their slow cooker book, but folks, THIS HAS EVERYTHING. It's like 900 pages, and I've already skimmed through the whole thing multiple times. So fun to read. Mom got it for me for my birthday and I love it. (Nice of her to get it for me... she asked me what I wanted, I told her, and she handed me her card and said order it. :D) I've already made blueberry muffins (yum), Filipino Chicken (savory and delicious and a BIG hit with our friends we had for dinner), Key Lime pie, and potato salad (WAY better than the usual mayonaise mess that's so common). Anyway, if you're going to spend money on a cookbook, this is the one.

  • Being CAST FREE and getting back into running and working out way more! YAY! good times.


  • These fruitbars... YUM.


  • All things funny. :) 


  • And finally, Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. I really like it because he has no political agenda or anything, and it's a pretty amazing example of how, if we take care of our bodies, they can do pretty amazing things. Enjoy. :) In fact, I saved up my money I got for my birthday and have bought a juicer...it's on it's way right now. :) It seems like a pretty great way to get way more produce into my diet and all that. :) I like green smoothies, but things like beets don't quite go down well in smoothie form. 

No comments:

Post a Comment