Monday, October 6, 2014

Nesting much?

And it came to pass that in the last days my body decided that even though it has no more strength or energy,

that it is indeed time to nest.

So, that's what is happening.

What does nesting look like around here?

1. Frantically doing thesis work and work work.

2. Getting the car detailed and cleaned, waxing the outside, scotch-guarding the inside.

3. Sewing pee pee teepees.

4. Sewing washable nursing pads.

5. Sewing a nursing shawl thingy.

(K people, the fact that I'm sewing is definitely an indication that I must be nesting because sewing causes me a great amount of anxiety lol.)

5. Going shopping for a few last things that we realized we didn't have... socks, a water bottle with a straw (for me whilst in labor), diaper pail, etc.

6. Cooking lots of food to put in the freezer and shopping to stock the pantry with easy-to-make things like pasta.

7. Washing baby clothes, blankets, etc.

8. Making and canning spaghetti sauce with the millions of heirloom tomatoes from the garden.

9. Trying to decide on a list of names.

10. Trying to figure out what to pack for the hospital.

11. Finishing our birthing class.

12. Doing lots of walking and water aerobics.

13. Figuring out diaper stuff (we're going primarily cloth).

14. Scotch-guarding my glider.

15. Wintering down our bees.

16. Applying for insurance for the baby...

....all in one weekend. I need a nap lol.

I'll be back one of these minutes for a more legitimate update. :) Until then... happy October! (I love Octobers!)


2 comments:

  1. He's coming! And…you're normal (and awesome!) good luck!

    ReplyDelete