Saturday, March 10, 2012

Couscous

Okay it sounds weird and scary and foreign. It's sort of a cross between pasta and rice. It's made from semolina wheat, so it's nothing weird.

I like it a lot but haven't ever made it myself. My favorite time I tried it was with halibut at a friend's house. So good.

So when I cooked some salmon filets for dinner tonight (actually they're cooking as we speak) I decided to cook couscous with it. I used the following recipe and it's delicious. :) Try it. It's like the easiest thing you ever made. Seriously.

recipe source

Lemon Rosemary Couscous

Ingredients:


  • 1 1/2 cups chicken broth

  • 1 tbls. plus 1 tsp. olive oil

  • 1 tbls. fresh lemon juice

  • 1 tsp. rosemary, finely chopped (pinch of dried, crumbled)

  • 1/2 tsp. salt

  • 1 cup couscous

  • 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped (I used a bit of dried parsley. Like a pinch probably.)

  • Method:


  • In saucepan, stir in broth, oil, lemon juice, rosemary, and salt.

  • Bring to boil

  • Remove from heat

  • Stir in couscous, and cover

  • Let stand for 5 minutes

  • Fluff with fork

  • Stir in parsley







  •  The end. Told you it was easy. And TASTY. Oh, I bought mine in the bin section at winco. I think you can buy boxes of pre-flavored couscous but why bother. I probably paid $1 for a giant bag of this stuff. Super easy.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment