Monday, January 28, 2013

Good things

It's been sort of a rough weekend because Bryan's pretty sick right now.

He's got a huge test in a few days (Organic Chemistry part 2... bleh...) and so we're just trying to keep afloat.

***

But we've had a lot of good things happen today too.

-Our landlord used his snow blower to plow our driveway today, which was nice.

-My schedule allowed me to stay home for a few hours this morning to take care of Bryan. I should have done homework but I quite enjoyed reading the Mary Higgins Clark book I started last night. :) I haven't read anything for fun in such a long time.

-When I dropped Bryan off at school I was praying praying praying that I would be able to find a parking spot in the very full grad lot... it was late morning when it's totally filled up and not likely to empty for hours... I pulled down a few lanes, almost got t-boned by someone not watching where they were going (luckily his breaks worked...*whew*) and drove right behind the one car in the whole parking lot that was backing out of a space. I turned on my blinker and snagged it.

-What that means is that I didn't have to drive all the way back home and walk to school...

-...and Bryan didn't have to walk home after his class while I was in class.

-My immune system rocks and I rarely catch stuff and haven't caught this. *knock on wood*

-We had good snacks (delicious cheese and wheat thins and keebler's version of samoa cookies) in my class tonight that made it so I didn't get a headache waiting so long for dinner.

-My visiting teachers came tonight for the second time in nearly two years.

-I finished my paper that's due tomorrow...meaning I won't have to be stressing about it tomorrow, and it's only 10:30 pm so I have time to workout and shower and maybe even read a little before I go to bed at midnight.

 -Bryan seems to be feeling a teensy bit better...he's upright at least and has been studying for the past 4 or 5 hours...

-...and all things considered, I hope this is a good start to the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment