Thursday, February 6, 2014

My first proposal

Here's a funny story.

When I was in kindergarten I was proposed to.

I had just moved to a new table, and there was a cute boy at that table.

We quickly became friends.

Although it doesn't take long to become friends with someone in kindergarten. 

The girl at the table told me "this is the quieeeet table".

Gotcha.

Well, one day, this boy didn't listen to the girl who said it was the quiet table.

He started talking to me and said,

"Today, I'm going to go home and tell my mom that I met the girl I'm going to marry after school."

*Pause*

Now, what would you have said if you were in kindergarten and someone had just proposed to you?

Have an answer?

*play*

I thought for a moment and said,

"Are you going to tell your mom after school? or marry me after school?"

ba-dum-pcha. 

Good thing we both had that practice though, because he successfully proposed to and married another girl,

and I successfully answered a proposal and married another boy

(many years later).

And, I'd say I got a better deal out of this second one. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment