Friday, June 6, 2014

20 Weeks



How far along: 20 weeks today!

Symptoms: Sciatic nerve pain (fun times) and headaches and migraines still. I have some heartburn here and there but nothing the occasional tums won't fix (knock on wood). But, the nausea is mostly gone so that's awesome! I feel good. I'm also hungry ALL THE TIME which is sometimes problematic... no I don't want ANOTHER peanut butter and jam sandwich! lol. I've eaten many a string cheese at 4 am.

Sleep: I've graduated from waking up once a night to twice a night lol. Good times. Maybe the good Lord knows how hard it will be for me to not get full nights' sleep when the baby comes, so He's getting me ready for it early. I'm fine with it. Unless it's morning where I have early meetings I can sleep in a little so it all works out.

Clothes: I'm still in the weird transition from normal clothes... most of what I wore up until last week was just my normal clothes. I'm transitioning though and am enjoying a few new maternity tshirts I got because they're long enough to cover my unbuttoned jeans/shorts...lol. (I still don't wear too many maternity bottoms.)

Exercise and being healthy: I still try to do water aerobics twice a week, I try to walk lots, and I've started doing more pilates and yoga. But holy cow, those first few months of not being able to do anything totally made me lose a ton of strength. It's sort of discouraging but I'm trying to get my muscle strength back.

Movement: I feel him move lots now! If he doesn't like where my pants are pushing, he'll push back til I move them. He tosses and turns lots. His most "awake" hours are between about 1:00 pm and 10:00 pm. If he keeps that schedule til forever I'd be fine with that. I like feeling him move even though sometimes he tosses and turns so much it makes me kinda motion-sick-woosie. Lol. Whenever I say "Hey Bryan come see if you can feel it" he stops moving for like the next 10 minutes. Stinker.

We went and saw the new X-Men movie yesterday (SO GOOD by the way), and whenever there were really loud low rumbling sounds, he'd move all around in there. Guess those kinds of sound waves travel well in there.

He's moving a ton right now. Maybe his ears are burning.

My emotions: I feel like in general I'm a pretty stable person as far as being emotional goes. Last night I had a bit of an emotional night though... I was too tired, I started panicking trying to plan where we're going to put baby things, and then got discouraged when I tried to do pilates and wasn't nearly as strong as I was before I got pregnant. Anyway, Bryan was good (he knows me well) and helped me out and I was fine. :)

Looking forward to: My birthday next week!

Miss anything?: My muscle strength. lol. Also, being able to bend down and pick a drink (or something) up off the floor when I'm sitting on the couch. I have a lovely little soccer ball in the way now ha ha. I also miss loving leafy greens. They're so hard for me to eat still.

Great advice: When I wonder how we're going to do this and wonder how we're both going to balance this new baby, finishing my masters, finishing Bryan's bachelors and masters (and then PhD), pay for all this, figure out what we're doing with our lives... and all that... I remember this promise:

"We must put God in the forefront of everything else in our lives... When we put God first, all other things fall into their proper place or drop out of our lives." -President Ezra Taft Benson

If we do, we'll be fine and everything will fall into place. I know that so far when I've focused on putting God first in my life, He's taken care of me. He's opened up opportunities for me and helped me have a really successful life. I know that if we keep putting Him first in our family, the Lord will keep taking care of us and it'll all be fine and we'll be happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment